August 22, 2017 — By Zach Wills
We’ve been hard at work making stability improvements WPtouch, WPtouch Pro, and it’s core extensions over the past few months. Our goal has been to stabilize the core plugin as much as possible so it is easier to launch new features and more exciting updates.
Here is some of what’s been updated since our last blog post WPtouch Pro 4.3.10:
- Fixed: Updated functionality for theme incompatibility notice to be permanently dismissed.
- Fixed: Updated functionality for plugin incompatibility notice to be permanently dismissed.
- Fixed: Bug where automatically-chosen font colors were wrong.
- Fixed: PHP 7.1.2 error regarding “Process desktop theme shortcodes” option.
- Fixed: Bug where backslashes were being stripped from shortcode display.
- New Feature: Adds default functionality to send no cache request headers when mobile theme is showing. Also adds option in admin to disable this functionality.
- WPML Compatibility: Allows posts to display for chosen language in mobile blog index.
- Fixed: Bug where password protected pages would not display properly with ‘process desktop shortcodes’ option enabled.
- Security: Added escaping to untrusted output.
Sneak Peak into the future
In addition to the WPtouch core updates, we’ve been working on updates to our MobileStore theme and the AMP extension. Keep an eye on the blog here since there will be an update post once the updates are ready and available for you to get.
If you run into any issues with this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for paid support (available to active license holders). If you are a user of the free plugin, post in the WordPress plugin forums for free support. Please note that we will do our best to help out free plugin users, but there are certain issues that we can only assist with if you have an active pro license.
Enjoy the new release!