December 18, 2012 — By WPTouch Admin
New plugin updates, the three millionth download of WPtouch, and the unveiling of our new logo were just a few of the stories we were proud to share with you over the past year.
1. Three Million Downloads of WPtouch
We began 2012 with a celebration of the 3,000,000th download of our flagship plugin WPtouch and, as the year draws to a close, it looks like we may see the 4,000,000th WPtouch download in the not-too-distant future.
Help us celebrate 3 million downloads of WPtouch
2. WPtouch Used By 31% of Top Mobile-Powered WordPress Blogs
WPtouch provides the best mobile experience for your site visitors but you don’t have to take our word on that; just ask the top mobile-powered WordPress blogs on the web which mobile solution is the best. In April 2012, 49 of the top 100 blogs were running on WordPress. Among those 49 sites, of the sites that employed a mobile solution, 31% used WPtouch or WPtouch Pro.
WPtouch Running 31% of the Top Mobile-Powered WordPress Blogs
3. 2012 Plugin Updates
Embedded videos, expanded custom-post types support and full Retina support for iPad are just a few of the many WPtouch Pro improvements we introduced this year. Our 2012 plugin releases also included new versions of WPtouch, WordTwit Pro, Earth Hour and Piggy Lite. Here’s a selection of our 2012 release announcements:
- Start Your Updaters: WPtouch Pro 2.6 Now Available!
- WPtouch Pro 2.7 Update: What’s New
- New Update: WPtouch 1.9.42 Now Available!
- WPtouch Pro 2.8: Video improvements, new Web App & iPhone 5 options, more!
4. The Benefits of Going Server-side
Server-side tools, like WPtouch and Mobile Joomla!, deliver a fast and flexible mobile experience that can’t be duplicated by other mobile solutions. Read our posts to learn the hows and whys of choosing server-side solutions.
- Weighing Options: WPtouch, Responsive Design and Your Mobile Strategy
- Responsive Design Versus Server-side Mobile Solutions [Infographic]
- Responsive Themes vs. Server Side Optimization: WordPress Mobile Solutions Compared
5. Our New Logo
In April, we unveiled our new logo created by west coast designer Cara McCarthy. Our new logo captures the spirit of BraveNewCode, symbolizing our goal of delivering excellent products that revolutionize standards for WordPress mobile development.
BraveNewCode launches a new look: Introducing our new logo
6. Our First Ever WPtouch Pro Top Site Award Winner, CigarDojo.com
CigarDojo.com packed so much awesomeness into their WPtouch Pro-powered site that we decided to award them with our first ever Top Site Award. CigarDojo.com was just one of many fantastic WPtouch Pro-powered sites spotlighted in our Tips Central series this year.
WPtouch Pro Tips Central: CigarDojo.com Wins Our First Top Mobile Site Award!
7. BraveNewCode Goes to WordCamp
We had the pleasure of being involved in fourteen WordCamp events in 2012. We’re very proud to show our support, through our WordCamp sponsorships and appearances, to the WordPress community who’ve provided our bread and butter for many years.
Meet members of the BraveNewCode team at WordCamp Toronto!
A big thank you to everyone who joined in on the journey! Looking forward to seeing you in 2013!
Keep up-to-date with our news and announcements by connecting with us on Twitter or Facebook!